The course covers all aspects of the CPP Category Management process:
This course is essential for any company embarking on, or attempting to revitalize a Category Management program.
It enables and fully equips you to deliver the critical goals your business needs for success to unlock innovation and greater value from your suppliers and key categories of spend. Whether this be reduced cost, supply base risk, or supporting growth, etc.
Our hands-on experience in real life category management brings the training to life using a combination of tuition, facilitated debate, group work and case studies.
We can customize the course as needed and, if required, we can combine real current work issues for participants to work on their categories, creating key outputs from the workshop.
On completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe what Category Management is and how it adds value
- Apply Category Management to enterprise-wide spend
- Explain each of the process steps and apply appropriate tools in each step
- Establish and manage a cross-functional team to engage the business
- Define and document business requirements
- Analyse a category and develop a category strategy
- Create a source plan
- Develop a detailed contract implementation plan
- Manage contract implementation and apply change management principles
- Describe how to link contractual terms with the category strategy
- Begin to implement suitable arrangements for supplier management
- Determine when to restart the Category Management process