A Step change in Procurement E-learning Training:A three part guide for procurement professionals and training mangers to assess how E-learning can be an effective part of their professional development Here in part 3 we discuss how our model produces measurable outcomes and sum up the topic
Measuring Learning OutcomesBy starting with the end in mind the course design aims to facilitate a best practice approach to the way Purchasing Practice is conducted. By targeting very specific learning outcomes at the setting goals and objectives stage, participants are presented with the opportunity to learn how to manage a range of specific procurement issues and challenges. They learn to identify and list the key issues, where the vocational model can help learners to acquire:
- appropriate behavioral responses to difficult problems
- personal attributes such as interpersonal skills, to encourage teamwork and taking responsibility
- wider knowledge of the complexity of procurement issues, to help with decision-making
- specialist subject matter skills
ConclusionYour E-learning initiatives don’t need to fail. You can succeed where other corporations have failed. We believe that our Vocational model fits well into the bigger picture in supporting the corporate learner with the following benefits:
- Our fly on the wall environments avoid bad habits being learned and promote good habits which the learner can spread across the organization.
- The format is highly engaging and keeps learners attentive, and so learning is increased.
- Cognitive load principles facilitate immediate understanding.
- Flash/HTML utilization directly supports the most advanced SCORM learning management system.
- Animation allows a wide range of contexts and characters, which people enjoy.
- Movies provide a way of communicating without telling, placing the onus on the student to learn and draw conclusions.
So if you are interested in implementing corporate E-learning, you will naturally want to achieve tangible results in terms of increased efficiency and effectiveness in executing purchasing practice. To achieve this goal in a competency focused environment, procurement staff must display the behavior and abilities required in their competence profiles. These results can be achieved through E-learning. However, highly effective course material is essential, and this only can be achieved through good instructional design and content delivery using the tools and techniques we have described.
Remember: that, if a course is not effective, it will not improve performance and, therefore, it has no value at all.
Nuff said …
View sample: “The Category Management Process”